A little while ago, I got my Frosty Voxbox from Influenster full of awesome goodies from Rimmel, Boots No7, McCormick, Fruit Vines, Eco Tools, New York Color, and Celestial Seasonings Tea. Some of the products I received, I have used before but some I haven’t, so it will be interesting to see how they work out for me.
For those of you who are not familiar with Influenster “it is a community of trendsetters, social media hotshots, and educated consumers who live to give opinions of products and experiences. Influensters meet on the Influenster website to learn about new products from many different brands as well as review the products they already use in their day-to-day lives!”
“They invite active social media members to participate in exclusive campaigns and rewards such as VoxBoxes, Interactive Twitter chats, Contests, and special discounts and more! All members have to do is share their opinion with friends and followers on social media.”
So here are the products I received in my Influenster Frosty VoxBox and my thoughts on them:
1. No7 Protect & Perfect Intense Advanced Sachet: I got a small sample of this serum it felt nice and smooth on my skin and it also smelled nice, but it’s not enough for a full review. Full retail price is $29.99.
2. NYC Expert Last Lip Color in Sugar Plum: I swatched it on my hand because I saw shimmer in it and didn’t really like it because it was too shimmery not a fan of lipstick or glosses with glitter or too much shimmer. This was a full size product with a retail price of $1.99.
3. Celestial Seasoning Candy Cane Decaf Green Tea: I got one tea to try out and it was delicious I drink Celestial teas all the time and I love them. Full retail price varies.
4. EcoTools Hair Brush: First of all this brush came in a really good time because I needed one to blow dry my hair, my other brush was too small. I love this brush although I have only used it once it’s perfect for me and does its job, I use EcoTools makeup brushes too and I love them. Retail Price is $10.99.
5. Rimmel Gentle Eye Makeup Remover: honestly I can’t say much about it because I haven’t really tried it yet but I did get a full size product which retails for $7.49 and will do a full review once I begin using it.
6. Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner: I still haven’t gotten around to use this full size black waterproof eyeliner so stay tuned for full review on it. Retail price is $4.49
7. McCormick Gourmet Thyme: Food can always taste awesome with the appropriate seasoning I have used this thyme to add some flavor to my food. Retail Price $4.79
8. Fruit Vines Bites: Honestly I couldn’t resist and was the first thing I ate when I open the box lol… what can say they look delicious and yes they taste awesome too!!! Retail price varies between $1.28-$1.79.
This is everything I got in my Frosty Voxbox and have been enjoying fully. I will do a review on the products I haven’t tried and mentioned above. Thank you to all the brands for contributing and providing these products, and thanks Influenster for picking me out of the bunch to send this box too.
Did you get a Frosty VoxBox? What did you get?
Tuesday, January 27, 2015
Wednesday, January 7, 2015
Powered by BrandBackerBOXYCHARM for reviewing purposes. I am sure many of you are subscribed to many subscription boxes out there that provide product samples or deluxe samples, so you know how they work. You pay a monthly fee for a box or bag with 4-5 beauty product samples or deluxe samples.
Boxycharm is another online beauty subscription box that each month sends subscribers a pretty box with name-brand beauty essentials. They say in their website that their goal is to grow our beauty collection by sending trendy and popular beauty items each month that are either full size or luxury size.
Well here are my thoughts and opinion; I can’t describe their service fully because this is the first box I receive from them but I did view their website and saw all the previous boxes and what they all contained. They all looked pretty amazing, you do get what you pay for $21 a month for full size products and luxury size products is a really good deal. Well at least to me it is. Noting that some of the products in the boxes have a higher value than what you’re paying for the subscription.
Above is a picture of my box. It is a pretty white box with a charm inside, a pink little box with the words BOXYCHARM underneath and a gold ribbon along the side. The boxes are definitely re-useable for storage. I was amazed by the products inside too. When you first open it, you are welcomed with a card, since the month of December theme was Jingle Bells that’s what the card said with a brief introduction to what’s awaiting inside. On the other side of the card, there is a list of all the products in your box and a brief description of each one and their price.
Coastal Scents Revealed Palette: “Expose your natural beauty with this exquisite collection of nude and metallic hues. The slim palette holds all twenty shadows, allowing for easy on-the-go application.” Full Size retailed at $39.95.
Lina Lashes: “Siberian Mink Fur Lashes that are 100 percent handmade and gathered without harming the animals in any way. These lashes are light, soft, sterilized and hypo-Allergenic with no chemicals or dying involved.” Full size retailed at $30.00.
Mistura Beauty Solutions Retractable Beauty Brush: “The ultra-soft synthetic-hair bristles pop out from the handle” Full Size retailed at $19.99
Be A Bombshell Lip Products: “Be A Bombshell's lip formulas offer long lasting color and high shine with a smooth finish.” Full size retailed at $14.00
Eva NYC Hair Products: “Eva NYC is a line of professional styling tools, hair care, and accessories that takes inspiration from the runways and gets salon-quality results with the use of advanced technologies and ingredients.” Travel Size Hair Spray retailed between $7.00- $12.00.
Over all Boxycharm seems like a pretty good deal to me. I am seriously considering subscribing. I just have to take a look at my monthly budget funds to see If I am able to treat myself to this subscription box.
Have you subscribed to BOXYCHARM? What monthly subscriptions are you part off?
Monday, January 5, 2015
So a few months ago, I ordered two MisQs nail polishes from Wishtrend at $3.99 each, to try them out and see how I liked them. The two colors I picked were Burgundy and Shiny Pink 2. These are both two pretty colors. I didn't really have a burgundy color nail polish so this one looks really pretty and I have used it a few times already and love it. Shiny Pink 2 is a nice coral color which is also very pretty but I feel is more of a spring/summer color. Their bottles aren't really that big but that’s ok with me because they look so adorable and their consistency is pretty creamy and don’t take forever to dry which is a plus for me. I did have to use two coats of the nail polish which is not too bad and they don’t chip easily and last pretty long which is also a big plus for me
BurgundyI can’t wait to get my hands on a few more MisQs nail polishes they are so gorgeous you welcome to check them out at the Wishtrend’s website.
Thank you and have a great week ahead.